Pilkington Activ ™ Self Cleaning Glass
A revolution in glassSelf-cleaning glass has been described as an impossible dream. Yet, following an intensive research and development programme by Pilkington – inventors of the universally used float glass process, and the world’s leading glass manufacturer – Pilkington Activ ™ does just that.
Its unique dual action uses the forces of nature to help keep the glass free from organic dirt, giving you not only the practical benefit of less cleaning, but also clearer, better-looking windows.
The benefits of Pilkington Activ™• The world’s first self-cleaning glass.
• Saves you time and money, and is safer than cleaning your own windows
• Unique coating breaks down and loosens even heavy organic soiling
• Also works even on cloudy days and during the night.
• Can be used in almost any external domestic application – ideal for conservatories and windows
• Will not be worn away or rubbed off under normal conditions – lasts the lifetime of the glazing itself
• Easily cleaned during dry spells by hosing down or wiping with a soft cloth and warm soapy water
• Also available – Pilkington Activ ™ Blue combining self-cleaning properties with solar control performance for conservatory roofs
• Can be used in conjunction with other Pilkington glass products to provide increased energy efficiency and save on heating bills
• Created and manufactured by the world’s leading glass producer – Pilkington.
Find out how Pilkington Activ ™ works