Pilkington energiKare™ Glass
Why are energy efficient windows so important?You'll probably know that the amount of energy we waste in our homes is directly linked to climate change. And you’ll definitely know about the ever increasing cost of energy for heating your home. But did you know that the glass you use in your windows can help your home be more energy efficient?
By using Pilkington energiKare™ in your windows you will
How will Pilkington energiKare™ make my home more energy efficient?Simply using Pilkington energiKare™ as double glazing reduces the amount of energy net lost through windows by 90%. That’s enough energy to:
• Run 9 TV’s for a year
• Drive over 1000km in an average sized car
• Make 34,000 cups of tea and coffee.
So how does Pilkington energiKare™ work?Pilkington energiKare™ is different from standard double glazing as it works in two ways. It reduces the amount of heat lost through your windows and it also allows more heat (energy) from the sun in through the window.
This effect is known as solar gain and as it comes from the sun it’s free of charge and you’ll feel its effects all year round.
Pilkington energiKare™ is made up of two special types of glass, Pilkington K Glass™, the UK’s best selling low emissivity glass which stops heat escaping and Pilkington Optiwhite™, a special ‘extra clear’ glass which allows more solar heat in through the windows.
The use of argon gas filling or air filling with a warm edge spacer further improves the thermal performance, and your home benefits by feeling warmer without the need to turn up the heating.
The Benefits of Pilkington energiKare™• Improves the energy efficiency of your home
• Reduces the amount of energy you use.
• Saves you money on your heating bills.
• Is more effective than single or standard double glazing.
• Is the only product that offers you the reassurance of Pilkington quality and enables windows to be eligible to apply as part of the Energy Saving Recommended scheme.
• Pilkington energiKare™ is suitable for use in PVCU, timber and aluminium windows.
• Manufactured to the highest British and European quality standards.