Style and Practicality
Self Cleaning glass allows you to have a stylish, high performance product with practically no fuss. A transparent coating on the outside of the glass harnesses the power of both sun and rain to efficiently eliminate dirt and grime. Self cleaning glass is not 100% maintenance free – but definitely significantly reduces the amount of time you will spend cleaning your windows. Simply wipe them down with a damp cloth every once and a while to keep them looking their best.
Exposure to the UV rays present in daylight triggers the decomposition of organic dirt and prevents mineral dirt from adhering to the surface of the glass.
It also turns it “hydrophilic” meaning that when it rains the water sheets across the glass, without forming droplets, rinsing away the broken down dirty residues.
Only a small amount of sunlight is required to activate the coating so the self-cleaning function will work even on cloudy days. A simple rinse of water during dry spells will help keep windows clean.
Features and Benefits
- Less frequent cleaning – windows stay cleaner for longer
- Much easier cleaning – less dirt and grime adheres to the glass.
- Save money – the cost of window cleaning is reduced
- Ideal for hard to reach areas – such as roofs
- Permanent coating – lasts the lifetime of the window itself.
- Environmentally friendly – less frequent use of water and detergents